Finding Aids are created for each collection to assist anyone interested in what is contained in the Hornby Island Community Archives. Each Finding Aid provides a brief history of the person or subject the collection is named for, an overview of the collection, the history of the acquisition, and other information related to the collection.
The Finding Aid has a File Inventory, which gives an outline of the contents of each file in every box of the collection. Each file is numbered first with the box number, followed by the file number.
For example: 3-8 in the File Inventory tells you the file can be found in the 3rd box of the collection and is the 8th file. This number is marked on the file. In the File Inventory each file has a heading indicating what kind of documents are in the file: for example, correspondence, financial documents, notes, ephemera, etc and a brief description of the information in those documents.
If you discover a file you would like to access in the Hornby Island Community Archives, record the Collection Name, the Box Number, and the File Number.
Send an email with this information to [email protected] to arrange an appointment to visit the building and access the file.
- Hornby Island Community School Collection
- Hornby Island Educational Society Collection
- Hornby Island Elder Housing Society Collection
- Hornby Island New Horizons Society Collection
- Hornby Island Residents’ and Ratepayers’ Association (H.I.R.R.A.) Collection
- Hornby Island Wine Club Collection
- Irene Walton Collection
- Islands Trust Collection
- Issues of the First Edition
- Kitty (Catherine Anne) Seon Collection